Gexa Energy Saver Plans
- The Gexa Energy Saver has price protection for 24 or 36 months
- Enjoy peace of mind with a low fixed rate electricity plan
- Up to 2 FREE Emerson SensiTM Touch Wi-Fi smart thermostats (retail value of $169 each)
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat delivers savings of up to 23%* on heating and cooling costs
- 100% Green energy at no extra cost
- Free Professional thermostat installation by certified installers (value of $150 each)
- A residential service address located in Texas in the Oncor or Centerpoint territories
- Live in a single family home and NOT in an apartment
- Active Wi-Fi network established at residence
- Central HVAC at service address
- Smart mobile phone (Android or Apple device)
Do I need to sign up for electric service with Gexa Energy to obtain the free Emerson Sensi(TM) Touch thermostat(s)?
To obtain up to 2 FREE Emerson SensiTM Touch Thermostats (retail value of $169 each) at no extra cost with your electricity plan, you will need to sign up for the Gexa Energy Saver 24 or Energy Saver 36 plan.
Emerson SensiTM Touch Smart Thermostat
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch is an ENERGY STAR® certified smart Wi-Fi thermostat with an easy-to-use touchscreen display.
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat can save customers up to 23%* on heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) energy usage.
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch features an iOS and Android mobile app that allows you to control temperature of your home anywhere and anytime
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat also works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch is named the ‘Best Overall’ smart thermostats of 2020 by USA Today’s Reviewed.com
The Emerson SensiTM Touch thermostat is a smart device that allows you personalize and set schedules to control the temperature of your home no matter where you may be. The Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat also has voice control and can connect to other smart devices within your home like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Up to 2 FREE Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostats (retail value of $169 value each)
- Free Professional thermostat installation (value of $150 each)
- ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostat
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat can be controlled from anywhere using the Emerson app on your Android and iOS devices
- The Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Your electricity usage may be reduced when Gexa Energy, during high peak periods on the grid, remotely adjusts your temperature on your smart thermostat. At any time, you can always override the control by changing your temperature during these time periods by going directly to your thermostat or going into the Gexa Energy Optimizer or Emerson SensiTM mobile apps.
If you already have an Emerson SensiTM smart thermostat installed in your house then during your scheduled service appointment, one of our certified professional installers will assist you in pairing that smart thermostat to the Gexa Energy Optimizer and Emerson SensiTM mobile apps.
The Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat does have usage control, or “demand response,” where Gexa may remotely adjust your thermostat during peak demand periods on the grid, which can help reduce your electricity usage. You can always override the control by changing your temperature during these time periods by going directly to your thermostat or going into the Gexa Energy Optimizer or Emerson SensiTM mobile apps.
- If you decide to move during your contract term and take the Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat(s) with you, you can install smart thermostat(s) at your new residence and pair your thermostat to the Emerson SensiTM and Gexa Energy Optimizer mobile apps. Unfortunately, free professional installation of your smart thermostat(s) will not be available at your second residence if you’ve already utilized the offer at your original residence.
- If you decide to leave your smart thermostat(s) behind at your previous residence, then we suggest that you remove the smart thermostat(s) from the Emerson SensiTM app.
The manufacturer’s warranty for the Emerson SensiTM Touch Wi-Fi smart thermostat is 3 years. If your Emerson SensiTM Touch stops working or functioning for any reason within this 3-year period, we recommend you contact Emerson to resolve any issues.
- Before approaching the premise, technicians will be sure to wear gloves, a facemask, stay a minimum of 6 ft away and will not shake hands.
- The day before the installation, you will receive a phone call from your assigned technician or Threshold customer support staff. They will introduce themselves, confirm the time/date, and confirm everyone in the residence is feeling healthy.
- If the Technician arrives and you and/or a family member is visibly symptomatic, the technician will leave the residence and reschedule the appointment to a later date.
Once installation and Post-test are done, the installer will wipe down all items and surfaces they touched with disinfectant wipes, including but not limited to; thermostat, air-handler, HVAC systems, vents, surfaces surrounding the wall.
All Technicians will be supplied personal protective equipment and sanitization products. These products will include a facial mask, disposable gloves, safety gloves, disposable shoe and boot covers, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and smart device screen cleaner.
- Within two weeks of starting your electric service with Gexa Energy, the installation provider Gexa has partnered with will call to schedule a service appointment. This service appointment includes free delivery and installation at a value of $150 each. Allow up to 4-8 weeks for delivery and installation for your Emerson SensiTM Touch Wi-Fi smart thermostats.
- Your contact information (name and phone number) will be provided to the installer and you will also receive the certified professional installation provider’s contact information, (832)-865-3967, to begin scheduling the service appointment. Once an appointment is scheduled, the installer will deliver your Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat(s) and connect it to your HVAC system.
After starting electric service with Gexa Energy, the installer will contact you within two weeks to schedule your free professional installation. You can also contact our installation to set up a service appointment at (832)-865-3967 Monday through Friday 9AM through 8PM CT. Allow up to 4-8 weeks for delivery and installation for your Emerson SensiTM Touch Wi-Fi smart thermostats.
The duration of the service appointment depends on multiple factors including accessibility and condition of your existing HVAC unit. The installation should last about an hour but the installation technician will provide a better estimation after inspecting your HVAC unit.
- We recommend that you install your Emerson SensiTM Touch where your current thermostat is in your home (i.e. wall of the downstairs hallway or living room). The installation technician can provide more guidance on the best location to install the Emerson SensiTM Touch thermostat(s).
- If you choose to purchase an additional Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat at your expense because you have more than 2 thermostats in your residence, you will be responsible for installing the additional thermostat.
What happens if I do not set up an appointment to install my Emerson Sensi(TM) Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat?
You may remain on the Gexa Energy plan you enrolled on, however you will not receive the Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat. Your Emerson SensiTM Touch smart thermostat will remain with the installation provider until you schedule the free professional installation.
*Energy savings are calculated by comparing operation time for a nationwide sample of Sensi users with temperature adjustments averaging 4° in comparison to users with no adjustments. Savings vary based on equipment type/condition, insulation, climate & temperature adjustment size/frequency.
Gexa Energy is not affiliated with Emerson and makes no warranties with respect to Sensi. Emerson, Sensi and related marks and logos are trademarks of Emerson, Inc. Other product/company names are trademarks of their respective owners.