Choosing A New Supplier

Before choosing a new supplier, what other factors should I consider?

We suggest that you look at your current bill to see how much you are spending on electric generation supply, learn what your savings could be, do adequate research and do not hesitate to ask questions.​ Call us at today at 866-502-4392 and we will walk you through these steps.

Do I have to notify my utility?

No. Once you have signed up for one of our plans, we will contact your current utility for you. You will receive a notice from your utility confirming your selection with Gexa Energy.

What steps do I need to take to choose a new supplier?

The process is easy:

  • Have your utility account information ready
  • Contact a Gexa Energy Sales Representative at (866) 502-4392 for more information on plans and pricing
  • Review your options
  • Carefully read the terms and conditions for your plan
  • Call your Gexa Sales Representative to finalize the enrollment process

Are there any fees incurred when switching to Gexa Energy?

Some utilities may charge a fee when a business switches from one provider to another or moves from one location to another. or requests service on a particular date or accelerated schedule.  Gexa Energy does not add any additional charges or fees for these services.

Do you have green or renewable energy plans?

Yes, we can include Renewable Energy Credits to offset all or part of your energy consumption.

Customer Care

How do I contact customer service to discuss billing or other non-utility issues?

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (866) 502-4392.

What is a kilowatt-hour (kWh) and where can I find kWh on my bill?

A kilowatt-hour is the standard unit of measure for electricity. Specifically, a kilowatt-hour is defined as the unit of energy that is expended in one hour by one kilowatt of power. The total number of kilowatt-hours charged to your bill is determined by your electricity use.​  It is used on your bill in the calculation of your energy charge.

Who should I contact if I have a question regarding the status of energy competition or licensed retail energy providers (REPs) in my market?

The information may be found at the Public Utility Commission of Texas' website,

Who should I contact if I would like to file a formal complaint against my electricity or natural gas supplier?

Contact the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) via email at or by phone at (888) 782-8477.

What do I do if my power goes out?

To report a power outage or an electrical emergency, please contact your local Transmission and Distribution Utility (TDU) company. To find your TDU’s phone number, click here.